Thursday, March 13, 2014

Callie's Picks Issue No. 11 Artpop - Review

Artpop... the name just makes me think Stardoll has a bit of an obsession with Lady Gaga and her clothing. All the same this collection had its mostly downs, and a very small batch of ups. So lets see what we've got. Rares or rip offs?

The Mod Store Returns...
 
Okay forgive me for forgetting the actual name of the store.. I know its 'Mod' something though. But this collection was so horrible I just wanted it erased from my memory. The collection was released in Summer, and was out for about one month before it was taken away again. It must not have been popular because they took it away so quickly. So are these a good buy? If you actually like them, maybe so. So we give these a 5/10 because not lots of users like them, but if you do, the prices haven't increased that much.

Nicholas Kirkwood
 
 
 
Nicholas Kirkwood was a tribute released quite some time ago. The collection had a lot of shoes, and now has a very high value. The Yellow Studs jacket (Which costs 25 Stardollars) is worth a lot, I actually bought it about a week ago for 60 Stardollars. These items are good deals, in my opinion, but that may be just because I collect Nicholas Kirkwood items. I will not be purchasing the shoes I do not own though, because I would rather spend more and have the Nicholas Kirkwood label. But if you don't care about the label, all these Nicholas Kirkwood items are a good deal.

RARE Item
I heard quite a bit of buzz about this item, and it wasn't the good kind. By re-releasing this dress, it angered so many collectors. This dress originally had RARE at the front of it, but after being re-released to Callie's Picks they took away the RARE part. Good buy? Barely. The dress isn't the prettiest in my opinion, and since they took away the RARE part, it looses a ton of value. But to find the dress cheaper in the StarBazaar with the RARE part is probably impossible, so that gives it the slightest bit of value back.

McQueen Inspired
Real Version:
So the dress itself is very 'interesting.' But considering its inspired by Alexander McQueen, I think its a good buy.

Tingeling Halloween Couture Boots
These items were released in 2009 in the Tingeling Halloween Couture collection. They are quite old, and would work if you have that mini-skirt style. In my opinion, if you like the boots these would be an excellent buy.

Hot Buys
According to many people, these boots have been released so many times! I'm pretty sure they were in a Hot Buys Summer Retro collection, of course they were released as regular Hot Buys at a point, and here they are again. Judging by how many times they were released, these wouldn't be the best thing in the collection to buy.

ELLE
Elle is worth a lot of money, any piece from there is. I thought that having ELLE or DKNY pieces would be safe, but it seems like Callie is going to be re-releasing these pieces now too. I could go on about how upset I am... but anyway as much as I hate to admit it they are a pretty good buy.

Frankie Morello
These are from the more recent Frankie Morello Tribute. They are from a tribute, so I would consider them a good buy.
R & B Diva Dress
Okay so this item I am actually in DEEP love with... its gorgeous, I love the way it fits around the top, I think the colors are gorgeous... etc. But when I saw the price I practically jumped for joy. Its only 16 Stardollars, a nice change from the usual 30 Stardollar dresses in Callie's Picks. I heard that this dress is slightly rare from users, but in my opinion whether its rare or not, I think its gorgeous and its a great buy.


So that wraps up our review! Go buy the items you know are worth spending your Stardollars on now! Overall, I think this collection had lots of good items up for sale, even though it did anger lots of collectors. If you are curious about any other items from this collection, comment below with the name of the item and I will get back to you as soon as possible!














No comments: